Holy Family Church
This beautiful church, which recently underwent a renovation, inspires anyone who walks in to behold the color and glow of the stained glass windows. Holy Family Parish was established in 1923 as an offshoot of the parish of Sts. Peter and Paul for a number of French Families scattered throughout Lewiston’s East End, for whom the journey to Sts. Peter and Paul was too far, especially in the winter. On Christmas Day 1924, the parish celebrated its first Mass in the new church. A church-school was established in the spring of 1924 and later expanded in 1928 to accommodate 280 pupils. As the French community of East Lewiston grew in the 1940s and ‘50s, the church expanded into its basement, with the school moving into the old church. In 1951 construction of the crypt and sanctuary of the current building was completed, with the remainder being completed in 1960. Since then, the parish has continued to grow and remains one of the pillars of the Roman Catholic Community of Lewiston-Auburn.