St. Patrick`s Parish
St. Patrick’s parish, named for the patron-saint of Ireland, was established in 1886 in order to better accommodate the ever growing Roman Catholic community in Lewiston-Auburn. Midnight Christmas mass in 1890 was the first service held in the current church building. In 1905 a parochial school was established with funds given by the parish’s founder, Monsignor Thomas H. Wallace. The church, which was renovated in 1960 and again in 1985, can still be found on Bates St. in Lewiston.